How to install Wallpaper ?
If you are not familiar with peel and stick wallpaper, it is what the title suggests! Peel and stick wallpaper are quick to apply and easy to remove from your walls without any damage. This allows users to play with colour, texture and different styles in their home all year round!
Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to install wallpaper:
- Peel the backing sheet of the stick on wallpaper, about 10cm from the top for a good starting point to place on your wall.
- Line up the adhesive side of the wallpaper to the top left-hand corner of your ceiling or cornice.
- Using a dry cloth or plastic smoother, smooth it onto the wall whilst pulling down the backing sheet 10cm at a time working your way down and outwards to avoid bubbles.
- Cut the wallpaper at the floor or cornice once you are at the bottom of the wall. Remember to be careful to cut the right amount, you can always cut off more wallpaper if necessary but you cannot get that same wallpaper back after cutting off too much.
- Repeat steps 1 - 4 for the remaining areas of your wall.
There are some things to consider when it comes to purchasing wallpaper. The first thing you should consider is purchasing enough rolls of paper for your wall. When measuring a room, you would need to take in account the height and length of the roll and consider if any adjustments need to be made. Always buy an extra roll in case of an emergency!
Another point to take into consideration is the pattern of your choice. Does your wallpaper need to be lined up perfectly? Does the pattern continue to the next roll of paper? At times, the design on one panel would need to line up perfectly with the next pattern in order to achieve a seamless transition.
In regards to powerpoints, you would also need to cut the wallpaper using an exacto knife. Ensure the electricity is turned off and simply mark out the corners of the powerpoint and create an X shape using your knife to reveal the powerpoint. Cut off the excess.
With a fully DIY wallpaper method, this makes it much simpler to install wallpaper.